AO Smith is North America’s largest manufacturer of water heaters. Their water heaters have a huge market not only in North America but in Europe and Asia as well.
AO Smith came to India in 2006 and set up a manufacturing facility near Bengaluru. They have gained a lot of reputation for making water purifiers in the past years. AO Smith has always tried to provide the customers with all the advanced technologies at their disposal.
They focus mainly on making water heaters for other corporations, until expanding to Asia. After moving to Asia, they started to test their fate in the water purification industry.
Here, we will evaluate one of AO Smith’s leading water purifier, the Z8 10-Litre RO Water Purifier and see if buying this purifier a good deal or not.
AO Smith Z8 10-Litre RO water purifier is available
- 8-Stage purification
- 10-Litre storage capacity and 15 ltr/hour purification capacity
- Uses the RO purification technology with Mineralizer to add the essential minerals back to water
- Only water purifier in India that gives you hot purified water as well.
- Uses the Advance Recovery Technology (ART) to save twice as much water than any ordinary water purifier.
- Has a Night Assist Glow effect to guide you at night and enhance the beauty of your kitchen
- Advanced alert Technology for Ro membrane and other filter changes
- Effective for purifying water up to the TDS level of 2000 ppm which covers the underground water, tanker water and Borewells
- 1 year warranty period.
|Capacity (storage)||10 litres , 0.8 litre for hot water tank|
|Capacity (purification)||15 litre/ hour|
|Purification Technology||RO water purification with Mineralizer|
|Effective TDS level||2000 ppm|
|Alerts||RO membrane and filter changes|
|Membrane Type||Thin Film Composite RO membrane|
|Material used||Food Grade Plastic|
|Power Consumption||60 Watts|
|Water Recovery||Up to 55 %|
|Ease of Using||8.5|
|Value for Money||8.7|
|Warranty & Services||7|
OVERALL – 8.1
AO Smith Z8 Water purifier REVIEW-
- Storage Capacity – The storage capacity is as high as 10 litres, which is more than enough for a family of 8-10 people. The purification capacity goes till 15 ltr/hour which ensures you do not have any water shortage anytime.
- Purification – Z8 uses RO and Mineralizer water purification technology. Z8 can purify water up to the TDS level of 2000 ppm. The normal TDS level of domestic water in India is 500 ppm, so it is safe to say that this water purifier will cover the majority of Indian households. The water taste is also not disappointing. This is why it is at 8.5 ratings out of 10.
- Price – Price is one of the major factors to be considered before buying any product.
That is why this water purifier will not fit in everyone’s list. This comes at a price of Rs. 22,400. Not everyone can afford it and so you should buy it according to your budget.
5. Features – Here, you get RO purification, Mineralizer, ART to save water, Night Glow effect, Advanced Alerts, and much more. So, you will get a full bucket of features at your disposal.
The dispensing of hot purified water adds extra marks for the product. So, as far as features are concerned, you won’t be disappointed. Check ‘features’ ratings to know the general view.
6. Design & Ease of using – The design is elegant, you can easily figure out a way to get what you need.
Cleaning is easy and it is equipped with auto start and off buttons.
The plastic used to make it is durable. The Night Glow effect adds a whole new dimension to your house.
7. Maintenance – The annual maintenance cost of the Z8 water purifier is around Rs. 4500 as it has loads of advanced inputs involved.
So, this water purifier will make your pockets a little lighter.
8. Value for Money – At the end of the day, all you want is to invest your money in the best way possible.
This value of money is a steady determinant of buying any product.
As you can see customers have given it a rating of 8.7 out of 10 which clearly states how satisfied they are after spending 22,000 Rupees on this water purifier.
If you look at the positives, you’ll find plenty of them.
The advanced alerts, features, techniques and designs, all make it a must buy for anyone.
The 8-stage purification gives you the most purified water. The capacity limits are also high making it suitable for a large family.
Ignoring the few negatives, like the poor service and cost, it has all the features to be the perfect water purifier for your home.
So, we would advise that if you do not have any sort of budget constraints, you can avail the services of Z8 series purifiers.